The event was commercially-focused rather than technical, and designed for individuals from a commercial leadership background rather than Data specialists.
The discussion was facilitated by:
Jonathan McKay, Chairman of La Fosse Associates, Forward Partners, Driftrock and ISG Technology Ltd, former Chair of JustGiving.
The panel included:
– Ryan den Rooijen – Global Director of Data Services, Dyson. Ex Global Capabilities Lead, Insights & Analytics at Google
– Mike Smith – Ex senior Technology and Product leader at Google, Amazon, Microsoft, Corbis and Walt Disney. Current Chief Technology and Product Officer of Barclays Ventures
– Carla Stent – NED whose former and current placements include Virgin Group, Barclays Bank plc, Octopus Group, Thomas Cook Group, Savernake Capital Group, JP
Morgan Elect plc, the Post Office
– Martin McPhee – Digital and Data Operating Advisor at Advent International Private Equity, and CEO of Exponential M Ltd
– Lisa Weaver Lambert – Digital and data-led transformation and commercial strategy specialist: clients include Yoox Net-a-Porter Group, Camelot Group (National Lottery), Virgin Active, De Beers Group, Harrods, Harvey Nichols, John Lewis Partnership, Coca-Cola, Tesco, EE, Virgin Media, Barclays and Santander
– Matthew Richardson – Advisor to investors and Private Equity-backed management teams, for example Moteefe and Castle Trust. Ex-Chief Technology Officer & Chief
Product Officer at Hometrack, the leading property data and analytics business, prior to its sale to Zoopla Property Group plc. Previously held executive roles responsible for tech, data and product with Moneysupermarket.com, Vitality and Simplifydigital.
A cross-industry panel discussed the impact and commercial applications of Data, including:
– The power of data to drive decisions from an asset-finding and value-creation standpoint
– The shift to selling services rather than goods
– How to leverage data from due diligence through to post acquisition
– When not to employ a data strategy
Format of the day:
Arrival: 7:30-8am – Breakfast will be provided before the discussion
Panel Discussion: 8.15 – 10:00am
Q&A and Networking: 10:15 – 11:00am
Free to attend
For more information on the event, or if you have any questions about our PE capability, get in touch with Tom Nunn.
Tom NunnHead of Technology Practice - Interim Management